What is your Web ROI?
WisdomGroup builds web sites. Database-driven web sites that perform useful work for businesses. Clients choose us because we focus our energy on one goal: Maximizing the client's return on investment.
So, how does a web site generate ROI? Two ways:
- Directly. You sell a product or service to visitors and they pay you through the site via credit card, PayPal, or some other payment vehicle.
- Indirectly. The site inspires confidence in your company, and thereby drives customers to use your products or services.
Tools We Use
Here are some of the tools we use to generate ROI for our clients:
- Ruby on Rails. What is Ruby on Rails and why do you care? The right tools will enable your developers to create software to solve business problems quickly and with a great deal of flexibility. A Business View of Ruby on Rails will tell you more.
- Advanced databases. Relational databases have led the industry for roughly thirty years. What about non-relational (or NoSQL) databases? WisdomGroup created WindyCityDB to explore the cutting edge of NoSQL technology.
- Web Analytics. How many people visited your web site last month? Where did they come from? How did they hear about you? What can you do to attract more visitors and boost revenue? WisdomGroup uses statistical tools like Google Analytics (screenshot at right) to give you solid answers. Solid answers give you control.
- Content Management. Can you update your site yourself? Or do you need to call a technical person to do it for you? WisdomGroup builds every site with content management software (CMS) that enables you, the owner of the site, to make changes 24 × 7 from a web browser. More control for you.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Our position on SEO: We don't like clever schemes. WisdomGroup follows a very strict SEO Code of Conduct. Schemes that try to trick the search engines are only useful for so long. Our search engine methods achieve legitimacy, longevity, and results.
The Next Step
Every company faces challenges. Many of those challenges can be vanquished with the right web site, web app, or mobile app. Are you ready to take the next step? Here are a few questions to consider:
- What steps are you taking to solve problems & seize opportunities?
- How will you keep track of customers and proposals most effectively?
- How will you manage the supplies and inventory you need to conduct business?
The software we create can help you answer these questions. Perhaps we should talk.